The Inphi Experience
Inphi is a leading provider of high-speed, mixed signal semiconductor solutions for the communications and computing markets. Inphi’s solutions provide a vital interface between analog signals and digital information in high-performance systems and minimize latency in computing environments to enable the rollout of next-generation communications infrastructure.
With the growth of mobile devices, cloud computing, and big data analytics, network operators are increasingly challenged to meet unpredictable bandwidth demands, quickly provision new services, and maintain high network availability. Inphi’s industry-leading, integrated platform optimizes performance, while reducing bandwidth bottlenecks, delivering high signal integrity at leading-edge data speeds, ultimately, defying Moore’s Law by bridging the bandwidth gap.
- Long Haul Market (> 800 KM): Carriers and data center networks must scale to meet the increasing demands for always-on access. Inphi’s optics to network products delivers advanced process technologies and easily enables the transition from 10G to 100G to 400G next-generation networks. Long haul networks typically carry data across distances in excess of 1,500 km.
- Metro Market (< 800 KM): The rise of cloud services is demanding a shift from traditional data centers to flexible, scalable information fabric. Inphi’s network to CPU products offer full 10G/40G/100G data rate transitions, improved optical margins and deliver the highest resolution, non-destructive on-chip signal integrity.
- Enterprise and Data Center: Data centers are consolidating, and business intelligence and big data now require in-memory databases. With Inphi’s memory buffer and memory registers, enterprise and data center networks benefit from dependable quality and reliability due to best in class signal integrity at high signaling rates.
From Fiber to Memory
Inphi’s extensive product portfolio represents the world’s most comprehensive solutions to address data center needs. Inphi specializes in three interconnected product types:
- Optics to Network products are designed into routing, switching and optical transport networking equipment for the Long Haul and Metro markets.
- Network to CPU products for enterprise and data center networks deliver the highest resolution, non-destructive on-chip signal integrity and improve flexibility across data rates.
- CPU to Memory products enable enterprise and data center applications to operate at higher speeds, with greater memory capacity and better power efficiency, thereby providing more cost-effective and energy-efficient operations.
Inphi's innovative breakthroughs have resulted in a number of industry firsts, including:
- First 100G CMOS PHY/SerDes ICs
- First DDR3 1600 memory component
- First memory buffer based on isolation memory buffer technology
- First JEDEC-compatible memory buffer
- First 25 GHz IC in plastic
- First 43 Gbps modulator driver
- First 43 Gbps TIA IC
- First 50 Gbps MUX IC
- First OIF-compliant 100G coherent TIA