100G Ethernet/OTU4 PHY/SerDes for Module Applications
- Low power CMOS SerDes for 10:4 Gearbox applications for 100 Gigabit Ethernet and OTU4 CFP modules
- Supports high density 100 Gbps CFP-based line cards
- Power optimized and area optimized for next-generation CFP modules
- 100GBASE-LR4/ER4 to CAUI gearbox
- Supports 100GBASE-LR4/ER4
- Supports OTU4 28 Gbps operation for OTL4.4
- Self adaptive receive equalization
- High resolution Rx eye scan - iSCAN
- Loss of Protocol Lock detection
- Test pattern generation and checking
- Monitor clock output
The iPHY IN012510 provides the gearbox function to allow the transport of 100 Gbps Ethernet over fiber optic cable using four wavelengths. The 100 Gbps Attachment Unit Interface (CAUI) standard for the connection of optical modules uses ten differential 10 Gbps lanes in each direction. The 100GBASE-LR4/ER4 long-reach fiber optic PMD uses four 25 Gbps wavelengths. A gearbox is needed to convert between these rates.
CFP modules also support OTU4 by running the interfaces 12% faster (11.2 and 28 Gbps). The iPHY IN012510 gearbox and CDR also support this rate (two discrete rates are supported). In this document, although interfaces may be referred to by their Ethernet rates, support for OTU4 (OTL4.4) rates is implicit.